For those of you who don't know what a Seasonal Colour Analysis is, it's a tool used to help us figure out what colours harmonize with our natural eye, hair and undertone skin colour. These colours will give us a glow, meaning it will will make us look more youthful and make our eyes sparkle.
The Seasonal Colour Analysis divides everyone into four basic seasons: Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter. My client's that have already been allocated a season, had the Style Review service with me. They have received a complimentary colour swatch in their season to take with them shopping and a Makeup guide with recommendations on which shades to look for.
*Disclaimer: I am not a certified Makeup Artist, but am a certified Colour Consultant with the London College of Style. These are my personal picks for makeup below. Click on the links to take you directly to the site to purchase. These are not affiliate links.
Below are some of my recommendations to help you get started on your makeup colour journey:
Look for foundations with a cool blue-based, pink, or rosy tones.
Look for the words “cool (C), neutral (N), rosy, red or pink” to help you get the right shade.
Avoid shades that say “warm (W), golden, yellow, or peach" undertones.
*Keep in mind if your skin type (sensitive, combination, dry or oily) to find your best foundation.
Look for blushers that have a soft, muted tone.
1. Annabelle, Perfect Blush Talc-Free Powder Blush
2. Revolution Blusher Reloaded
3. Dior, BACKSTAGE Rosy Glow Blush
4. Too Faced, Cloud Crush Blurring Blush
5. Benefit Cosmetics, Dandelion Baby-Pink Blush
6. Makeup by Mario, Soft Pop Powder Blush
As a Summer, you can wear pale pinks and purples.
Use pale pinks or greys for this.
1. Benefit Cosmetics, Cookie and Tickle Powder Highlighters
2. Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez, Positive Light Silky Touch Highlighter
3. Anastasia Beverly Hills, Iced Out Highlighter
Black is your go-to!
Your best lip colour is pink (so many shades)! You tend to prefer lip-glosses or balms over lipsticks.
1. Charlotte Tilbury, Mini Pillow Talk Lipstick & Liner Set
2. Dior, Rouge Dior Refillable Lipstick
3. Dior Addict Lip Glow Balm
4. Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez, Kind Words Matte Lipstick
5. Tower 28 Beauty, ShineOn Lip Jelly Non-Sticky Gloss
6. Dior, Lip Glow Oil
I hope this has helped if you're new to exploring your seasonal palette!