My 2023 Makeup Picks: Seasonal Colour Analysis for Winters
For those of you who don't know what a Seasonal Colour Analysis is, it's a tool used to help us figure out what colours harmonize with our natural eye, hair and undertone skin colour. These colours will give us a glow, meaning it will will make us look more youthful and make our eyes sparkle.
The Seasonal Colour Analysis divides everyone into four basic seasons: Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter. My client's that have already been allocated a season, had the Style Review service with me. They have received a complimentary colour swatch in their season to take with them shopping and a Makeup guide with recommendations on which shades to look for.
*Disclaimer: I am not a certified Makeup Artist, but am a certified Colour Consultant with the London College of Style. These are my personal picks for makeup below. Click on the links to take you directly to the site to purchase. These are not affiliate links.
Below are some of my recommendations to help you get started on your makeup colour journey:
Look for foundations with a cool blue-based, pink, olive or rosy tones.
Look for the words “cool (C), neutral (N), rosy, red or pink” to help you get the right shade.
Avoid shades that say “warm (W), golden, yellow, or peach" undertones.
*Keep in mind if your skin type (sensitive, combination, dry or oily) to find your best foundation.
1. Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick
2. Too Faced Born This Way Foundation
3. Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Wear Foundation
4. YSL Beauté All Hours Foundation SPF20
5. Nars Natural Radiant Longwear Foundation
6. Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Longwear Foundation
Look for blushers that have a strong, deep tone -a deep pink or wine colour.
1. Too Faced, Cloud Crush Blurring Blush
2. Makeup by Mario, Soft Pop Blush Stick
3. Pat McGrath Labs, Skin Fetish: Divine Powder Blush
4. Fenty Beauty by Rihanna, Cheeks Out Freestyle Cream Blush
5. Laura Mercier, Blush Color Infusion
6. Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez, Soft Pinch Liquid Blush
Your best eye colours are all shades of pink, purples, blues and greys.
1. Dior, Backstage Eyeshadow Palette - Cool Neutrals
2. Charlotte Tilbury, Luxury Eyeshadow Palette - Rock Chick
3. Fenty Beauty by Rihanna, Snap Shadows Mix & Match Eyeshadow Palette - Cool Neutrals
4. Morphe, 35C Everyday Chic Artistry Palette
5. Natasha Denona, Eyeshadow Palette 28
6. Huda Beauty, Rose Quartz Eyeshadow Palette
Use ice pinks, icy purple, or silvers for this.
1. Haus Labs by Lady Gaga, Bio-Radiant Gel-Powder Highlighter with Fermented Arnica
2. Morphe, Glow Show Radiant Pressed Highlighter (limited edition)
3. Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez, Positive Light Liquid Luminizer Highlight
Black is your go-to!
1. Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez, Perfect Strokes Universal Volumizing Mascara
2. Sephora collection, Lashcraft Lengthening & Volumizing Mascara
The brighter- the better! Go for bold pinks and blue toned reds or purples.
1. MAC Cosmetics, Matte Lipstick
2. Too Faced, Too Femme Heart Core Lipstick
3. Make up forever, Rouge Artist Lipstick
4. Charlotte Tilbury, Matte Revolution Lipstick
5. Hourglass, Unlocked™ Satin Crème Lipstick
6. Haus Labs by Lady Gaga, PhD Hybrid Lip Oil
I hope this has helped if you're new to exploring your seasonal palette!