For those of you who don't know what a Seasonal Colour Analysis is, it's a tool used to help us figure out what colours harmonize with our natural eye, hair and undertone skin colour. These colours will give us a glow, meaning it will will make us look more youthful and make our eyes sparkle.
The Seasonal Colour Analysis divides everyone into four basic seasons: Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter. My client's that have already been allocated a season, had the Style Review service with me. They have received a complimentary colour swatch in their season to take with them shopping and a Makeup guide with recommendations on which shades to look for.
*Disclaimer: I am not a certified Makeup Artist, but am a certified Colour Consultant with the London College of Style. These are my personal picks for makeup below. Click on the links to take you directly to the site to purchase. These are not affiliate links.
Below are some of my recommendations to help you get started on your makeup colour journey:
Yellow-based (golden or apricot tone) foundations are best as you have a warm undertone.
Look for the words “warm (W), golden, yellow, neutral (N), olive, peach, tan, honey, or beige” to help you get the right shade.
Avoid shades that say “cool (C), rosy, red or pink” undertones.
*Keep in mind if your skin type (sensitive, combination, dry or oily) to find your best foundation.
Look for blushers that have a Red-Brown or Golden-Brown shade.
1. Milani, Baked Blush
2. Rose Inc, Cream Blush Refillable Cheek & Lip Color
Heliotrope – apricot; Delphine - muted peach; Foxglove - warm terracotta
3. Tower 28 Beauty, Beach Please Lip + Cheek Cream Blush
4. Nars, Blush
5. Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez, Soft Pinch Liquid Blush
6. Saie, Dew Blush Liquid Cheek Blush
Browns and Golds are your best friends when it comes to eye colours.
Stick with an intense gold shimmer.
1. Maybelline Facestudio Master Chrome Metallic Highlighter Makeup
2. Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez, Positive Light Silky Touch Highlighter
3. Saie, Glowy Super Gel Lightweight Dewy Highlighter
Dark brown Mascara is your go-to, unless you have dark hair then Black Mascara will work.
Any shade with a Brown or Bronze undertone will look amazing on you.
1. MERIT, Shade Slick Tinted Lip Oil
2. Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez, Kind Words Matte Lipstick
3. Charlotte Tilbury, Matte Revolution Lipstick
4. ILIA, Color Block High Impact Lipstick
5. Mac Lipstick
6. Dior, Rouge Dior Refillable Lipstick
I hope this has helped if you're new to exploring your seasonal palette!