My 2023 Makeup Picks: Seasonal Colour Analysis for Springs
For those of you who don't know what a Seasonal Colour Analysis is, it's a tool used to help us figure out what colours harmonize with our natural eye, hair and undertone skin colour. These colours will give us a glow, meaning it will will make us look more youthful and make our eyes sparkle.
The Seasonal Colour Analysis divides everyone into four basic seasons: Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter. My client's that have already been allocated a season, had the Style Review service with me. They have received a complimentary colour swatch in their season to take with them shopping and a Makeup guide with recommendations on which shades to look for.
*Disclaimer: I am not a certified Makeup Artist, but am a certified Colour Consultant with the London College of Style. These are my personal picks for makeup below. Click on the links to take you directly to the site to purchase. These are not affiliate links.
Below are some of my recommendations to help you get started on your makeup colour journey:
Yellow-based (golden or apricot tone) foundations are best as you have a warm undertone.
Look for the words “warm (W), golden, yellow, neutral (N), olive, peach, tan, honey, or beige” to help you get the right shade.
Avoid shades that say “cool (C), rosy, red or pink” undertones.
*Keep in mind if your skin type (sensitive, combination, dry or oily) to find your best foundation.
1. L’Oréal Infallible 24 Hour Fresh Wear
2. Ilia, Super Serum Skin Tint SPF 40 Foundation
3. Nars Light Reflecting Advanced Skincare Foundation
4. Charlotte Tilbury, Beautiful Skin Medium Coverage Liquid Foundation with Hyaluronic Acid
5. Dior Backstage Face & Body Foundation
6. Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra Long Wear Foundation
Look for blushers with Peach and Apricot shade.
1. Rare Beauty by Selena Gomez Soft Pinch Liquid Blush
2. MAC Cosmetics, Glow Play Blush
3. Revlon, Powder Blush
4. Benefit Cosmetics, WANDERful World Silky-Soft Powder Blush
5. Makeup by Mario, Soft Pop Powder Blush
6. Westman Atelier, Baby Cheeks Lip + Cheek Cream Blush Stick
Look for palettes that are warm, colours can include, brown, cream, coral, green and purple.
1. Dior Backstage Palette
2. Morphe, 9E Pretty In Peach Artistry Palette
3. PATRICK STARRR Visionary Eyeshadow Palette
4. Violet Voss, Sugar Crystals Eyeshadow Palette
5. Natasha Denona, Glam Face & Eye Palette
6. Morphe 2 X Maddie Ziegler Changement Artistry Palette
Look for Cream, Peach or soft Gold shades.
1. L'Oreal Paris True Match Lumi Glow Nude Highlighter Palette
2. MAKEUP BY MARIO, Soft Glow Highlighter
3. Charlotte Tilbury, Beauty Highlighter Wand
Brown Mascara is your go-to, unless you have dark hair then Black Mascara will work.
1. Tarte, Lights, Camera, Lashes™ 4-in-1 Mascara
2. Clinique High Impact Mascara
3. Maybelline New York Lash Sensational Mascara
The best colours for you are Peach, Apricot and Coral shades.
1. Nars Lipstick, Barbarella - peach
2. Dior, Lip Glow Oil
3. BareMinerals, Mineralist Lip Gloss Balm
4. NYX Professional Makeup, Butter Gloss
5. Mac, Matte Liptstick
6. Givenchy, Le Rouge Deep Velvet Matte Lipstick
I hope this has helped if you're new to exploring your seasonal palette!